Diwali ... away from home !

This year will be my third Diwali away from Home.

2005 Diwali - I was mid-air over international seas between Mumbai and Switzerland
2006 Diwali - I was in Geneva, Switzerland. Yes we had a Diwali Function under the aegis of the Indian Association of , but nothing beats Diwali celebrations with family
2007 Diwali - Well, right now I am in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on a short 3 month business stint. And by all coincidences, the 3 months had to envelope Diwali within its folds.

Although, I am not completely alone this year (I got married in April and my wife has accompanied me to KL) BUT still ... I am not in Mumbai .. not in India ... Away from the country where the festivities are in the air. Celebrating Diwali in Mumbai and with family is quite different.

The entire atmosphere is charged with lights, music, smiles all around, crowds in all shopping places, meeting so many relatives, calling up friends whom we have not talked for several months just to say Happy diwali, sending the hundreds of text messages and emails wishing everyone Happy Diwali, add to that offline messages on all messengers and mass-scraps in Orkut !!

Add to that new clothes, gifts and the mindbogling varieties of sweets and farsan/namkeen. Its simply treat-time !

And I am going to miss out on all of that again this year !

(more on this later ... )

Wish you all a happy, prosperous and wonderful Diwali and a great year ahead

आपको दीवाली कि हार्दिक बधाईयाँ । आने वाला साल आपके लिए खुशहाली, समृद्धि और उल्लास से परिपूर्ण हो

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!