My Experiment with GM Diet – The Prologue (Part 1 of 10)

After spending 6 months in Dubai from Sept'08 to Mar'09, I suddenly realized that my weight had not only crossed 80 but reached an alarming 85. BMI says my weight should be about 67-70. Being Indian with a slightly built body, I thought 10-15% over the BMI is OK. I have never really thought of myself being over weight or worried about the extra weight ever.

But 85 was different. I realised that although 80 was OK; 85 wasn't.

So I consulted my dear friends and created a diet plan for myself. A strict control on things I consumed and a daily 30 min walk on the treadmill ensured that I was able to cross 80 on the downward journey within one month. i blogged about those 'glorious' days and experiences.

Alas… I could not maintain the same tempo further. Post April, I was not able to do it again and my weight rose steadily although not at an alarming rate.  Tried to follow some of my diet plan parts but eventually did not happen. The cranky poffice timings due to project being in critical phase and the pain in my foot also ensured that I skipped Gym, L Last month I found it was 83 and started thinking about it again.

So recently I decided to do experiment with the GM Diet once, since i was unable to follow a regular diet program, why not try a crash diet one. GM Diet. One week of Restricted Diet and almost guaranteed results. Also, the upcoming Mumbai/Home visit made it necessary that I lose some bcos I would definitely gain some while I enjoy Mom-ke-haath-ka-khana !!

So with these thoughts in mind … I decided to give it a try. A very serious and sincere try !!

A serious and sincere attempt is required since the 7 day GM Diet is not an easy one. It is restrictive in the sense of what you can eat on a particular day in the 7 days but then you can stuff yourself with those allowed items as there is no restriction on quantity of consumption. They literally say "Stuff yourself" … not something you expect from a diet program.

You can read about the GM Diet at the following links …

http://www.iimahd.ernet.in/~jajoo/gmdiet.html

Being a Vegetarian, I searched if there were any Vegetarian versions and found them J

http://www.thisismyindia.com/health/diet/vegeatrian-gm-diet.html

http://www.eblogs.in/moksha/gm-diet-for-vegetarians - a very detailed version with time-table J

So this 'story' of 'My Experiment with GM Diet' will be told in 10 parts in the coming 10 days, 7 of which will reflect my journey through the 7 days of the diet program and other 3 parts will build the story around it and conclude it with the final results :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!