I don't like Agatha Christie's Hercules Poirot

I don't like Agatha Christies 'Poirot" !

 

I was, I am and I guess, I forever will be a Sherlock Holmes, 3 Investigators and Feluda Fan !!

 

I have been a Sherlock Holmes and 3 Investigators Fan ever since my school days. I voraciously read every available book on both from my school library. I read maybe one or two Agatha Christie's Hercules Poirot stories then and did not like it. I did not even like the TV series on Agatha Christie stories ,,, although on the other hand I loved the carrot-munching Karamchand (played by Pankaj Kapoor) immensely.
 
Feluda is a more recent discovery (Thanks to my best friend Shraddha) and I love the writing style. As Satyajit ray himself put it, the stories were written for a Teenage audience and hence the writing was deliberately kept simple and crimes of passion etc were kept out of the story line.

 

So I am sorry Agatha Christie, but I don't like Hercules Poirot !!

Comments

  1. Same here! but i wont say I dislike him entirely ..I would say I prefer him a little less :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Reema
    Hmmm .... let me say I agree with you .. I like him a lot less than my existing favourites

    ReplyDelete
  3. HI

    Have you tried Miss Marple series from Agatha Christie .

    If not you should she is much better than hercule poirot.


    Regards

    Chandrasekhar

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!