Judging the book by its cover ! Title actually

Do you judge a book by its cover? I mean the cover design.
I do.
In fact, I read the title from the spine of the book and then if it interests me, I pick up the book, have a glance at the front cover for art work etc and immediately flip the book and read the back cover which gives a snapshot of the books storyline. If it interests me, I take it. If it doesn't, I leave it.

Reminds me of a time in my school days when I would judge the book by the cover and the title alone :) That's how I picked up my first of Sherlock Holmes (The Hound of Baskerville) as well the 3 investigator series.

The first thing that struck me about the Three Investigators series was the title of the books and the cover art graphics. They had extremely interesting titles and they were the primary reason why I picked up those books in the first place. A bit of googling gave me a list of all the 3I titles. I am putting down the entire list … highlighting (bold font) the ones I find most interesting. :)

 

The Three Investigators 01 - The Secret of the Terror Castle.pdf

The Three Investigators 02 - The Mystery of the Stuttering Parrot.pdf

The Three Investigators 03 - The Mystery of the Whispering Mummy.pdf

The Three Investigators 04 - The Mystery of the Green Ghost.pdf

The Three Investigators 05 - The Mystery of the Vanishing Treasure.pdf

The Three Investigators 06 - The Mystery of the Skeleton Island.pdf

The Three Investigators 08 - The Mystery of the Silver Spider.pdf

The Three Investigators 09 - The Mystery of the Screaming Clock.pdf

The Three Investigators 10 - The Mystery of the Moaning Cave.pdf

The Three Investigators 11 - The Mystery of the Talking Skull.pdf

The Three Investigators 12 - The Mystery of the Laughing Shadow.pdf

The Three Investigators 13 - The Mystery of the Crooked Cat.pdf

The Three Investigators 14 - The Mystery of the Coughing Dragon.pdf

The Three Investigators 15 - The Mystery of the Flaming Footprints.pdf

The Three Investigators 16 - The Mystery of the Nervous Lion.pdf

The Three Investigators 17 - The Mystery of the Singing Serpent.pdf

The Three Investigators 18 - The Mystery of the Shrinking House.pdf

The Three Investigators 19 - The Mystery of the Phantom Lake.pdf

The Three Investigators 20 - The Mystery of the Monster Mountain.pdf

The Three Investigators 21 - The Secret of the Haunted Mirror.pdf

The Three Investigators 22 - The Mystery of the Dead Man Riddle.pdf

The Three Investigators 23 - The Mystery of the Invisible Dog.pdf

The Three Investigators 24 - The Mystery of the Death Trap Mine.pdf

The Three Investigators 25 - The Mystery of the Dancing Devil.pdf

The Three Investigators 26 - The Mystery of the Headless Horse.pdf

The Three Investigators 27 - The Mystery of the Magic Circle.pdf

The Three Investigators 28 - The Mystery of the Deadly Double.pdf

The Three Investigators 29 - The Mystery of Sinister Scarecrow.pdf

The Three Investigators 31 - The Mystery of the Scar-faced Beggar.pdf

The Three Investigators 32 - The Mystery of the Blazing Cliff.pdf

The Three Investigators 33 - The Mystery of the Purple Pirate.pdf

The Three Investigators 34 - The Mystery of Wandering Caveman.pdf

The Three Investigators 40 - The Mystery of the Rouge Reunion.pdf
 
P.S. Never judge a book by its cover. And never judge a book by its Movie either ;-) 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!