Yaaaaaahoooooo & Sukoooo Sukooo

 

He has been missing from the bollywood scene for quite some time but I am sure he will never leave our memories. For the generation which has grown up watching his movies, he was always a breath of fresh air on the silver screen.

He changed the way we perceive and look and feel about Bollywood songs. From the crazy caper "Yahoooo …. Chahe koi mujhe jungle kahein" … to fun filled & romantic "aaj kal tere mere pyaar ke charche har zabaan par" & "yeh Chand sa Roshan chehra" to yet another crazy "Aiy Aiy Aiya Sukooo Sukooo J" to the all-out funny-n-mad "Meri Bhainsh ko danda kyon maara" to the romantic "Aaja Aaja Mein Hoon Pyar Tera" to softer romantic number "Deewana hua baadal, saawan ki ghata chaayee" & "Akele Akele Kahan Ja Rahe Ho" and "Dil ke jharokhe main tujhko bithakar" and "ishaaron ishaaron main dil lene wale"… and the list goes on.

I am sure he must have given memorable performances too on the acting front … but I will always remember Shammi for his Songs !!

As he passed away and I saw a message on FB about it … it came as a shock !

(just noticed that inspite of my limited memory, I almost jotted down 10 Shammi Kapoor songs in a matter of few minutes ... and I am sure if I spent a few more minutes, i would list down another set of 10 fantastic songs of SK... )
He is a legend ... albeit a jumping dancing singing one :)
thats the image he will always evoke in my mind ...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!