2012 Reading Plans

I plan to read the following authors in 2012 …
Robert Ludlum - haven't read any Ludlum in last 2 years. Have to read some this year.
Devdutt Pattanaik – have read one. Now want to read more. Myth=Mithya next. 
Rick Riordan – Series like Percy Jackson / Olympians / Kane Chronicles etc … have been on reading list since some time. Good time to actually start reading them.

I am also planning to read more of Indian Authors. In the past decade (especially the last 5 years) a number of books written by Indian authors have been seen prominently displayed in book stores. I have already begun ordering books by Indian Authors from Flipkart, IndiaPlaza etc.

Strangely, somehow I haven't even read Chetan Bhagat till date so I might just pick up some of his works too.

Besides the above, I will continue to read the Sherlock Holmes stories and Three Investigator series (will complete the stories by primary authors and then move on to Fan Fiction and stories by other authors).

I am planning to add one more childhood time series here. I will read the Famous Five series by Enid Blyton. There are 25 of Famous Five books and I hope to complete them before the end of 2012. Somehow, I kind of never read Famous Five or Hardy Boys or Nancy Drew in school days; it was only Sherlock Holmes and 3 Investigators for me.

I read a comment somewhere that Clive Clussler writes like Matthew Reilly. Now that is a too big a compliment for a writer and being a MR fan with no more of his work to read (I read all of his works last year itself and now waiting for the release of his next novel in India); I have decided to give CC a try. Will read some of his works and if I like it, a lot of it.

And I also received a recommendation for Frederick Forsyth … so maybe a book or two by this author also seems probable.

And how can I forget that I had read Inkheart in 2010 and then did not read the other two books of the trilogy. Maybe I will finish off the series this year.

I am also considering reading the Millenium series by Stieg Larsson - The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played With Fire & The Girl Who Kicked The Hornets' Nest.

Just completed a novel by Chris Kuzneski …. WOW … Loved it … so this is one author I would try to read a lot this year.

And of course, my best friend will surely introduce me to some new authors and BlogAdda might also give me some interesting books to review in 2012. 

 
So … my reading shelf for 2012 seems pretty full and it will be only after a full year from now that I will be able to tell you how much of my planned reading is actually achieved.

Now that I look back at this post and try to calculate all the books that I have noted here … it looks like about 2 years or maybe even 3-4 years worth of reading!! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!