Discovery of India


From Oct 2005 to June 2012, I made a lot of trips across the globe travelling to different countries and living in several cities. All that while, the only other Indian cities I had lived in were Bangalore and Pune and that too for quite short a duration.
Now, with a change of job, the customer profile here is such that I travel domestic sectors. I am travelling to different places across India. In the past 3 months, I have already covered 5 states.
For me it is like discovering India. I haven't travelled much in India so this is new and interesting for me. Travelling across the country by Air, Road, Rail is a far cry from international travel; it's different and offers many interesting experiences.
To reach certain towns in the interior of this vas t country; one ends up taking a flight to a big town and then a train to the nearest railway station before hopping into a car to travel to the final destination. Along the way, you meet interesting people and get to see another facet of India and its vast milieu with its multi-cultural environs.
Different places across the country have their own language, lifestyle, crowd sense, greenery, road conditions and heritage; creating a collage that can enthrall an interested mind.
States and Places Visited in July-Aug-Sep:
1. Gujarat – Ahmedabad
2. Madhya Pradesh – Gwalior, Ujjain, Sagar
3. Rajasthan – Udaipur
4. Jharkhand – Ranchi, Bokaro,
5. West Bengal – Durgapur, Kolkata, Burnpur 
Upcoming visit in October to Rourkela (Orissa) & Bhilai (Chhattisgarh) !!

Trivia: I had never even heard of 'Burnpur' before my travel got scheduled to this interesting place. When I first heard the name, I thought it might be a corrupted-over-the-years version of Bhooranpur or something like that. But a peek into its history and one finds that it is indeed meant to be Burn'pur - The city got its name from the Managing Agency house, Burn & Co. (way back in early 1910's)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!