Irony of Life ...

 

I reach the airport a couple of hours in advance and sweet lady at the check-in counter tells me that she can put me on an earlier flight which is scheduled to leave in 30 minutes.
I am overjoyed and say yes to the prospect of reaching home 2 hours earlier than scheduled time ... a surprise for my family ...
With joy in the heart and a spring in my step, I reach the designated gate to find a subdued crowd around the airline staff.
I make way and overhear the ground staff telling customers that the flight has developed technical glitch and a spare part is being flown in through an incoming flight. The flight will now leave with a delay of 2 hours.

My feelings are 'grounded' (literally and figuratively) and I am Back to Square One.

 (I write this while waiting for the flight at Bangalore International Airport.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!