Review of Reading Plans of 2013-2014

So I had blogged about my reading plans for 2013-2014 way back in February so thought of just looking back to see if I had veered way off the track !! I have pulled in original content from that post in February and added my comments / status in red text.

I had talked about …

Short Stories … Have read them in 2011/2012 and will continue to read them in 2013/2014

Arthur Conan Doyle – Quite a lot of short stories and none of them has Sherlock Holmes

Philip K Dick – Quite a lot of short stories still to be read even after reading 35 in 2012

Three Investigators Series – Crime Busters series and Series by Mark Zahn - 23 of them

Satyajit Ray – Professor Shonku short stories; recently discovered 2 collections translated in English

 

I have been doing all of the above - Reading short stories by several authors as well as those by ACD and PKD besides consistently reading 3I series novellas and short stories. I have just completed one collection of Prof Shonku – the other collection is not available to buy. Tried several online stores but it still escapes me.

 

Coming to Authors and Novels …

Robert Ludlum Read one in January and not since then - will pick one up soon.

Clive Cussler – Read one in February and not since then - will pick one up soon.

Chris Kuzneski – Have not picked up any so will put this on priority.

Frederick Forsyth Have not picked up any so will put this on priority.

Norman Limpert – The James Potter (Son of Harry Potter) series – this might go to 2014

 

Ashwin Sanghi – 2 Novels; Chanakya's Chant and the Rozabel Line (and any new one)Read all 3 of them

Sidin Vadukut – The third installment of the DORK trilogy – Done

Amish Tripathi – The third installment of the Shiva trilogy – Done

Vikram Chandra – Sacred Games – a 1000+ page novelNot picked up yet. It's a LARGE one and I might push it to 2014

 

Trilogy (Novels) to be read …

Stieg Larsson – The Millennium Trilogy

Mario Reading – The Antichrist Trilogy

E L James – Shades of Grey Trilogy

Rick Riordan – The Kane Chronicles to begin with

Cornelia Funke – Inkspell and Inkdeath (I read Inkheart a long time ago, probably 2010)

 

--- have just started reading the Mario Reading trilogy so that will be finished in next 2-3 months.
Have not touched the others so they might actually be pushed to 2014-2015

 

Short Novel Trilogy - I also have 3 trilogies of short novels by different authors. Have started reading them – finished 4 – will complete all 9 by year end. Also, once I started reading them, I realized that they were not novellas but novels spanning 250+ pages.

 

Alfred Hitchcock Series - Also to be read is a collection of 90 short stories put together in 4 volumes under the aegis of Alfred Hitchcock with titles such as 'Shrouds and Pockets' (29 stories), 'Most Wanted' (21 stories), 'Shadow of Silence' (28 stories) and 'Home Sweet Homicide' (12 Stories) --- Reading them every month … part of the short stories that I read regularly ... have read approx. half of them (40-45) and will possibly complete all 90 by year end.  

 

Many More Short Stories: I pulled out from my unread archives; two thick (actually 'very thick') volumes of short story collections – one with 80 short stories by various famous authors while the other has some 200+ short stories by O. Henry. I had bought these years ago (could be even a decade ago) and finally they are out for reading in this (and next) year.  --- Reading them every month … part of the short stories that I read - have read approx. 45 out of the 280 ... this one will flow from 2013 to 2014 to 2015 ... ...   

 

Hindi Literature - Munshi Premchand Stories: I have decided to include HINDI literature also in my reading from this year. So I will be picking up some Munshi Premchand short stories and might even consider reading his novels. – Sadly. I haven't yet started on Premchand stories

 

I might also read some short stories from the editions of the following Magazines … in 2013 (hardly) / in 2014 (probably) / in 2015 (most likely) … as predicted – these go to next year or the year after … I have enough short stories collections on my hand already ...

Alfred Hitchcock's Mystery Magazine - several editions

Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine - several editions

Ellery Queen's Mystery Magazine - several editions

 

I will surely be reading a lot of new authors as I keep receiving books for review from BlogAdda.com, Authors and Publishers. – This continues of course. Books continue to arrive from BlogAdda as well as directly from Authors and Publishers. Have recieved 10 books to review in the first 7 months of this year.  

 

So … except for the trilogy series, I seem to be doing well and will be able to fill in the gaps for items that I have not picked up yet

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!