VSS 002: Flying Umbrella

Very Short Story 002: Flying Umbrella

It was a strange sight. A black umbrella, lying on the dry leaves strewn, wet road.

As I drove towards it, it suddenly reminded me of couples sharing a private love-filled romantic moment on the Mumbai sea side, hidden by umbrellas. It reminded me of my own singular experience of 'kiss under the umbrella' at Bandra bandstand.

My reverie was broken when the umbrella flew with a gust of wind. The umbrella soared and so did my heart.

We hadn't spoken for over 3 decades and I wondered if she remembered our evening under the umbrella. I definitely did.
---------------
Quick Note: Very Short Stories are approx./max. 99 word stories that i am going to write through the year. These very short stories are part of my writing resolutions of 2017. My target is to write at least 50 VSS this year.
So far, I am behind target but hopefully catch up soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!