VSS 017: Life Decisions




Life Decisions

 

Very Short Story (VSS) 017

 

 

 

 

Kiddo: Papa Papa, where are you going?

 

Papa: Sweetheart, got to work. You stay with mom at home in Mumbai and take care of her. I will go to office in Dubai and see you in a month. 

 

Kiddo: Papa Papa, Mom has Dadi. Take me with you. I will come with you and take care of you. I will come to office with you or stay at home and cook for you.

 

Papa: . . . (silent, moist eyes) 

 

Inside Papa's head  ... 

 ... questions the job, the money it brings, staying away from family, emotional mess

 

(story doesn’t end here … only the 99-word limit has been reached.
So here’s the extended version)

 

More Inside Papa's head  ... 

 

... remembers the house he needs to buy, kiddos education expanse, marriage expense, rising cost of living …


... heavy heart, moist eyes, confused head, scrambled life philosopy


... starts calculating in how many years he can resign from foren job 


... realises that’s not gonna happen soon and he is in a bottomless pit 


... moist eyes. silence within


… complete sannaaata

 

(unfortunately, this is NOT a story. It’s a real life incident. My life’s incident.)

-------------

Quick Note: Very Short Stories are approx./max. 99 word stories that i am writing through the year 2017. These are part of my writing resolutions of the year. My target is to write at least 50 VSS this year - about 12-13 every quarter. Currently I am behind my target by about 5 stories (a month's worth) but gradually catching up :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tongue Twister - V for Vendetta

Gandhi Topi !!